After an illness or injury, you may suffer residual pain and limited mobility. The experts at Integrative Pain provide physical therapy that restores function to injured or weakened muscles, joints, tendons, and ligaments and reduces dependency on pain medications. The Integrative Pain Institute services men, women, and children in and around Dallas, Plano, and McKinney, Texas. Call or use the convenient online form to arrange a consultation for physical therapy today.
If you have trouble moving and accomplishing daily tasks after a surgery, illness, injury, or other trauma, physical therapy can restore your range of motion, alleviate pain, and reduce your dependency on pain medications.
A physical therapist can teach you how to use crutches, wheelchairs, or other assistive devices safely. You can also learn how to increase the level of safety in your home if you have problems with vision, strength, or balance.
Physical therapy also rejuvenates and strengthens muscles, ligaments, and joints compromised by diseases or disorders such as arthritis, heart disease, or cancer.
Physical therapy may push your body out of its comfort zone and cause mild swelling or soreness, but you should never feel sharp or severe pain during or after your appointment. If an exercise or activity hurts, your physical therapist can modify your regimen. Trigger point injections are extremely helpful to alleviate pain prior to performing physical therapy.
During your consultation at the Integrative Pain Institute, a Pain & Sports Medicine Specialist examines your body to determine the source and extent of your injuries as well as your current range of motion.
Your medical team develops a customized treatment plan to restore health and function to your joints; build up the strength in muscles, ligaments, and tendons; and improve flexibility, coordination, endurance, and balance.
Evidence-based therapies that can accomplish these goals may include the following:
• Trigger point injections for immediate pain relief
• Weightlifting to build muscle strength and bone density
• Electrical stimulation to reduce pain and cause muscle contraction
• Core-strengthening exercises to support the spine and vital organs
• Mobilization and manipulation to align and strengthen bones and joints
• Stretching exercises to promote flexibility in your muscles, ligaments, and tendons
• Heat and cold therapies to alleviate pain and swelling, relax muscles, and increase circulation
• Massage therapy, percussion therapy, and ultrasound therapy to stimulate tissues, improve circulation, and reduce muscle spasms and pain
Physical Therapy is extremely helpful to alleviate shoulder shoulder pain, hip pain, elbow pain, ankle pain, and wrist pain. To begin your journey toward physical rehabilitation, call or use the online form to reach Integrative Pain today.
We service patients from all over the DFW area including North Dallas, Addison, Carrollton, Plano, Garland, Irving, Allen, Richardson, and University Park, Highland Park, Frisco and McKinney.