Sufferers of fibromyalgia know just how frustrating it can be. The constant chronic pain and aching never seems to go away, regardless of what you try. An advanced treatment option are interventional procedures such as trigger point injections, nerve blocks, joint injections, epidural steriod injections, facet injections, rhizotomies, and spinal cord stimulators.
What Are Interventional Pain Procedures?
Interventional Pain Procedures are a therapeutic method of effectively relieving pain. Using X-ray and Ultrasound guidance, a doctor will insert a needle into the area that is generating the pain signal and block the signal with a combination of anesthetic solution and a steriod. The types of injections performed include trigger point injections, nerve blocks, joint injections, epidural steriod injections, facet injections, rhizotomies, and spinal cord stimulators.
How Do Interventional Pain Procedures Stop Fibromyalgia Chronic Pain?
Interventional Pain Procedures are effective for stopping fibromyalgia chronic pain because they numb and reduce the inflammation from the pinched nerves that are sending out pain signals. The pain signal both reduced as well as blocked from from getting to your brain. Interventional Procedures are often combined with medications and physical therapy to provide immediate as well as long lasting pain relief.
What Interventional Pain Procedures Can Help My Fibromyalgia Chronic Pain?
There are a number of injections that could put an end to your fibromyalgia pain. Common ones include:
- Trigger point injections- used to treat muscle tension in the back, neck and shoulders
- Joint injections- used to treat arthritis pain in the hips, shoulders and knees
- Epidural steroid injections – used to treat pain that radiates through the spine, arms, and legs
- Facet injections – used for neck, middle back, or low back pain caused by arthritis on the spine
- Rhizotomies – used for chronic pain caused by spondylosis, degenerative disc disease, and osteoarthritis of the spine
- Sacroiliac injections – used for lower back, pelvis and hip pain
- Spinal Cord Stimulators- used for failed back surgery, post-laminectomy syndrome, severe chronic pain
Get Fast Pain Releif Treatment at Integrative Pain Institute Today
If you’re living in the Dallas, Addison Plano, Frisco, or McKinney areas come in for a consultation for fibromyalgia chronic pain treatment at Integrative Pain Institute.
Our knowledgeable providers can deliver your injections in a safe and sterile environment to provide you with the fibromyalgia chronic pain relief you need. Call us today at 972-972-290-1507 to schedule your appointment.